|||Infrastructure||||Projects||||Publications and Presentations||||For More Information||||APDA Home|
Visiting researchers and PARI staff astronomers have worked on several projects using collections in APDA. Past projects are described in the Presentations and Papers section of this website. Currently, in 2013, five major projects are underway. Click on each for more information
- The Astronomy Legacy Project: The goal of this project is digitization of the collections in APDA. Led by PARI staff astronomers and volunteers.
- Nova Survey Project: A collection of 40,000 films taken of the night sky over 8 years is being surveyed for novae. Led by PARI staff astronomers and student interns.
- Minor Planet Project: Orbits of asteroids are being measured and calculated from a collection of 1,300 plates. Led by Dr. Paul Hemenway.
- Automated Spectral Classification Project: Automated extraction of spectra from objective prism plates are being used to classify stars. Led by Dr. Don Smith
- Stellar Classification Online - Public Exploration (SCOPE): A Citizen Science Project to classify stars from stellar spectra imaged on photographic plates. Led by PARI staff astronomers and educators.