Programs and activitiesUp one level
Research and education opportunities at PARI.
- Public Programs at PARI include visiting and tours, volunteers, Friends of PARI, and a Citizen Science Project
- K12 Student and School Programs
- PARI offers a variety of programs for students of all ages including the StarLab Planetarium and the Space Science Lab.
- K12 Teacher Professional Development
- Join us for quality, content-rich workshops and programs in the areas of astronomy, physics and technology.
- PARI offers undergraduate research experiences. Learn how you can participate.
- Links to Citizen Science Astronomy Projects
- The public is invited to participate as citizen scientists to explore the solar system, stars, and galaxies. The PDF file presented here includes the links to seven citizen science projects in astronomy.
- Research Programs
- Research programs include external research by visiting scientists and graduate students, undergraduate research opportunities, and internal research programs
- Volunteer Events Calendar
- Current calendar of public and special events at PARI that require volunteer assistance or are opportunities for volunteers to train on special tasks. Volunteers should contact Christi Whitworth (firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 862-5554) to confirm help with each event. In order to plan our tasks more efficiently, we must insist that you email or phone no later than 24 hours before a Volunteer Weekend to let us know if you will be able to attend and help. Types of Volunteer Opportunities at PARI 1. Daily Volunteer - Handle PARI phone calls, mailouts, database entry, maintain PARI library and paper filing work. 2. Docents - Learn PARI history and facts then conduct public tours on Wednesday afternoons and at special events. 3. Special Projects - such as the Astronomical Photographic Data Archive (APDA) 4. Event Assistance - Provide assistance to PARI staff during events such as Space Science Lab, and Evening at PARI.