K12 Student and School ProgramsUp one level
PARI offers a variety of programs for students of all ages including the StarLab Planetarium and the Space Science Lab.
- Homeschool Day at PARI
- PARI holds Homeschool Day twice a year, in the spring and fall. Register and learn more about the next Homeschool Day at PARI, which will be held Friday, November 22, 2013.
- Registration and calendar information for SciGirls programs held on the LAST Tuesday of each month.
- Duke TIP at PARI
- Duke Talent Identification Program - Astronomy, Physics, and Astrobiology Summer Field Study at PARI is two weeks of scientific exploration of astrophysics, encompassing stellar and galactic astronomy, astrobiology, and astronomical instrumentation. The program includes research studies using PARI radio and optical telescopes and some formal class sessions. The research is completed under the guidance of PARI staff astronomers and Duke TIP staff. Students write and present a summary of their research which is published in the annual PARI Summer Research Proceedings. In addition, scientists visit and talk about their work in various areas of physics, astronomy, and astrobiology.
- Space Science Workshop Forms & Documents
- Descriptions and forms for workshops
- StarLab Portable Planetarium
- StarLab Planetarium programs are available to schools and other groups.
- Student Program Evaluation
- Help us improve our student programs! We would like student feedback on PARI programs such as PARI SciGirls and Homeschool Day.