K12 Student and School ProgramsUp one level
PARI offers a variety of programs for students of all ages including the StarLab Planetarium and the Space Science Lab.
- Space Science Workshop Forms & Documents
- Descriptions and forms for workshops
- Duke TIP at PARI
- Duke Talent Identification Program - Astronomy, Physics, and Astrobiology Summer Field Study at PARI is two weeks of scientific exploration of astrophysics, encompassing stellar and galactic astronomy, astrobiology, and astronomical instrumentation. The program includes research studies using PARI radio and optical telescopes and some formal class sessions. The research is completed under the guidance of PARI staff astronomers and Duke TIP staff. Students write and present a summary of their research which is published in the annual PARI Summer Research Proceedings. In addition, scientists visit and talk about their work in various areas of physics, astronomy, and astrobiology.
- StarLab Portable Planetarium
- StarLab Planetarium programs are available to schools and other groups.
- Homeschool Day at PARI
- PARI holds Homeschool Day twice a year, in the spring and fall. Register and learn more about the next Homeschool Day at PARI, which will be held Friday, May 10, 2013.
- Registration and calendar information for SciGirls programs held on the LAST Tuesday of each month.
- Climate and Space Science Camp
- The PARI/AppState Summer Climate and Space Science Camp enhances awareness of climate science and NASA’s role in advancing our understanding of the Earth System and introduces science, technology, engineering, and mathematical (STEM) principles to participants through applied climate science activities.
- Student Program Evaluation
- Help us improve our student programs! We would like student feedback on PARI programs such as PARI SciGirls and Homeschool Day.