K12 Teacher Professional DevelopmentUp one level
Join us for quality, content-rich workshops and programs in the areas of astronomy, physics and technology.
- NASA Meteor Observation Workshop
- NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office will offer a workshop for educators hosted at Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute, March 15, 2013. This workshop is open to all educators though content is geared toward high school age studnet populations.
- School of Galactic Radio Astronomy (Smiley)
- The School of Galactic Radio Astronomy (SGRA) was developed to offer students in grades 8-12 a unique, live, hands-on, inquiry based approach to learning through Internet control of a 4.6 meter (15 feet) radio telescope (nicknamed Smiley).
- A partnership with the North Carolina Mathematics and Science Education Network to increase the number of middle school students interested in pursuing STEM careers.
- Optics Resources - sponsored by SPIE
- A group of lessons developed by Matthew Kinnaird as part of the SPIE fellowship for Summer 2011. The lessons connect the topic of optics at the high school level to spectroscopy and PARI's citizen science project SCOPE - Stellar Clasification: Online Public Exploration.
- Workshop Evaluation
- Please give us feedback on the value of your recent PARI workshop and how we might improve.