NewsUp one level
- SPRING NIGHT SKY PRESENTATION AT PARI
- (February 25, 2015) – The public is invited to join PARI astronomers for an observing session of the spring night sky Friday, March 13 at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI). The evening’s activities will include a tour of the PARI campus and celestial observations using PARI’s optical or radio telescopes.
- THE VERNAL EQUINOX
- (February 25, 2015) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute point out that at 6:45 p.m. EDT on Friday, March 20 the sun will cross the celestial equator in the sky heading north. This will be the first moment of spring.
- TRAVELERS MAY OBSERVE A SOLAR ECLIPSE IN THE NORTH ATLANTIC
- (February 25, 2015) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute announce that on March 20 a total solar eclipse of the sun will be visible from the northern Atlantic Ocean.
- DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME BEGINS
- (February 11, 2015) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI) in Rosman remind the public that at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 8 Daylight Saving Time (DST) in the United States begins and we set our clocks forward one hour.