NewsUp one level
- HISTORIC YERKES OBSERVATORY TO BE DISCUSSED AT PARI
- (February 26, 2014) – The public is invited to a special presentation of the Yerkes Observatory, the birthplace of modern astrophotography, Friday, March 14, at PARI. The evening will include a tour of the PARI campus and, weather permitting, celestial observations using PARI’s telescopes.
- THE VERNAL EQUINOX AND THE DATE OF EASTER
- (February 26, 2014) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute point out that at 12:57 p.m. EDT on Thursday, March 20 the Sun will cross the celestial equator in the sky heading north. This will be the first moment of Spring.
- PARI LAUNCHES ASTRONOMY LEGACY FUNDING PROJECT FOR HISTORIC CELESTIAL IMAGES
- (February 24, 2014) – The Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI) has initiated a crowd funding drive that will help make historic images of the night sky available via the Internet to the general public, scientists and students worldwide.
- CELESTIAL VALENTINE EVENT AT PARI
- (January 29, 2013) – The public is invited to a special Valentine event Friday, February 14 at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI). Registered attendees will be treated to an evening of storytelling involving love stories associated with the night sky, followed by a tour of the campus and a trip to the PARI Exhibit Gallery.