NewsUp one level
- PARI NAMES NEW BOARD MEMBER
- (May 23, 2016) – The Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI) has selected John L. Mackay to serve on its Board of Directors.
- THE SUMMER SOLSTICE
- (May 18, 2016) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute point out that at 6:34 p.m. EDT on Monday, June 20 the Sun will be at its most northern point in the sky for the year. This is the summer solstice and marks the first moment of summer.
- GIRLS AGES 9-14 INVITED TO SCIGIRLS “HABITAT CONNECTIONS” PROGRAM
- (May 9, 2016) – Area girls ages 9-14 are invited to a SciGirls program called “Habitat Connections” May 24, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Transylvania County Extension Office, 98 East Morgan Street, in Brevard. SciGirls is co-hosted by the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI) and the Transylvania County 4-H.
- MARS AT CLOSEST APPROACH
- (May 4, 2016) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute have been watching the red planet Mars grow increasingly brighter as it gets closer to the Earth. On May 30 it will be at its closest, only 4.2 light minutes away, that it will be this time around the Sun.
- PARI AWARDED GRANT FOR ROSMAN MIDDLE SCHOOL FIELD TRIP
- (April 11, 2016) – PARI has been awarded a $2,500 grant to facilitate a field trip to PARI by students from Rosman Middle School. The grant is from the Biogen Foundation’s Ignite the Power of STEM program, administered by the North Carolina Community Foundation.