NewsUp one level
- GIRLS AGES 9-14 INVITED TO SCIGIRLS PROGRAM ABOUT ROCKETS
- (August 28, 2014) – Area girls ages 9-14 are invited to a SciGirls program Tuesday, September 30, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Transylvania County Extension Office, 98 East Morgan Street, in Brevard. Co-hosted by PARI and the Transylvania County 4-H, this month’s activity is “Rockets to the Rescue,” the theme of this year’s 4-H National Youth Science Day.
- MARS PASSES ITS RIVAL, THE HEART OF THE SCORPION
- (September 3, 2014) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute have been watching the red planet Mars over the past few months as it zips eastward in front of the constellations of the zodiac.
- THE AUTUMNAL EQUINOX
- August 27, 2014) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute point out that at 10:29 p.m. EDT on Monday, September 22 the Sun will cross the celestial equator in the sky heading south. This will be the first moment of autumn.
- PUBLIC INVITED TO FRIENDS OF PARI ANNUAL MEETING
- (August 19, 2014) – Friends of PARI, the group of donors and volunteers supporting the mission and programs of the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI), will host its annual meeting Friday, September 12. This year PARI will be unveiling a new campus attraction, an outdoor amphitheater planetarium with an adjoining nature center. Friends of PARI members will also be treated to a guided tour of Jo’s Nature Trail, exhibits, behind the scenes tours and project demonstrations by students, researchers and PARI staff. Current Friends of PARI members and anyone wanting to join the organization are welcome.