NewsUp one level
- NASA SCIENTIST TO DISCUSS THE SUN AND SOLAR ACTIVITY AT PARI
- (July 23, 2014) – The public is invited to a discussion of the Sun and solar activity by NASA solar scientist Mitzi Adams Friday, August 8, at PARI. The presentation is part of the monthly Evening at PARI series and is open to the public. The evening will include a tour of the PARI campus and, weather permitting, celestial observations using PARI’s telescopes.
- VENUS PASSES JUPITER IN MORNING TWILIGHT
- (July 23, 2014) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute note that in the predawn hours of August 19 the brightest planet of them all Venus will pass by the second brightest planet Jupiter in the morning twilight.
- THE RELIABLE PERSEID METEORS TO BE VISIBLE
- (July 16, 2014) – Astronomers at the Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI) remind the public of the upcoming annual Perseid Meteor Shower.